Volunteering in Cambodia
At the foundation’s head office in Phnom Penh
All the field work is done by Cambodians. This wish to “Khmerise” means that Krousar Thmey doesn’t usually receive foreign volunteers, trainees or employees in Cambodia. Only three French speaking volunteers have roles as support staff, involved in communications and in management oversight in Phnom Penh.
|Volunteers generally enlist for a minimum of one year under the European statute of International Solidarity Volunteering (more information on the VSI statute), together with this La Guilde Européene du Raid (fr).|
Conditions for departure:
- To go for a minimum of one year; this is not only for social security reasons, but also to allow enough time to be efficient and useful to the organisation. The initial one-year contract can be renewed if the volunteer and the organisation so desire.
- Preferably to possess two years of professional experience in the relevant fields.
- Volunteers are given lodging, and receive an allowance permitting them to cover their everyday necessities. This is a symbolic compensation, ensuring that the volunteers neither gain nor lose financially during their stay.
- The aeroplane round-trip ticket from Europe and back is paid for by the association.
- The volunteer will receive adjustment training before leaving and before returning, in conjunction with the Guile Européenne du Raid.
- A good command of the English language, written as well as spoken, is essential. In addition, a volunteer should possess a driving licence.
To apply, please send your CV via e-mail with a cover letter to M. Rémi DUHAMEL or by post to the following address: Krousar Thmey – volontaires au Cambodge – 47 rue Grenata – 75002 Paris.
Please forgive us if you do not get a prompt reply; the volunteers responsible for the handling of applications are sometimes overwhelmed by the influx of mail.