The Krousar Thmey Switzerland association was founded in 1994 by Mariejo DUC-REYNAERT and Jean-Luc MAURER. The decisive moment in the creation of Krousar Thmey Switzerland came when they met “Bénito” (Benoît Duchâteau-Arminjon), founder of Krousar Thmey.
Krousar Thmey Switzerland provides…
- Giving financial support to the activities implemented in Cambodia;
- Promoting Cambodia and the Khmer culture in Switzerland by organising conferences, exhibitions, films and other special events;
- Working on new programmes to develop in Cambodia;
- Making the Swiss public aware of the work of NGOs by organising exhibitions in schools.
Krousar Thmey Switzerland seeks funding and takes part in the decision making process as well as in communication about the projects. Most of the volunteer members have full-time jobs, mainly in the university and research sector. The Committee’s monthly meetings ensure that activities are followed up and events are organised (concerts, film premières etc.) with the aim of receiving funds.
- Pledged contributions from members every year, personal commitment to Krousar Thmey Switzerland’s activities;
- Donations, bequests, grants, contributions and other funds provided through the generosity of public.
All Krousar Thmey Switzerland’s accounts are audited every year by Mr. Gérald Rentchnik, an independent auditor.
Relationship between Krousar Thmey and the Cambodian head office