During the Ceremony of transfer of Krousar Thmey’s five special schools to the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports (MoEYS), Benoît Duchâteau-Arminjon symbolically handed in the keys of our schools to the Cambodian Government, with the Cambodian Prime Minister S.E. Hun Sen.
25 years after the creation of the Education for deaf or blind children Program, Krousar Thmey is proud to have transferred the special schools while keeping its involvement with the Ministry of Education in the future, especially by:
- an audit twice a year for three years;
- the coordination of specific projects, notably related to inclusive education;
- the development of appropriate resources, in partnership with relevant ministerial entities;
- its support to the government for the implementation of inclusive and special education policies and activities;
- its role as technical advisor to the Ministry for the teaching practices, status of staff and adapted care of students with disabilities.
Krousar Thmey history
Find out how it all started for Krousar Thmey, from its beginning until nowadays.