Offer a stable and reassuring accommodation solution to the child before considering reintegration into the family.
Temporary centers welcome children for a period not exceeding 6 months. The child is provided with a stable environment and informal education, while waiting to be reintegrated into the family or to another structure adapted to his or her needs.
Temporary center care:
- First stage: day or night meetings with children by social workers in the streets of the city or through local authorities.
- Second stage: admission in one of the centers with the approval of the authorities and legal guardians.
- Third stage: from the arrival of the child, for a period ranging from 3 to 6 months: assessment of the family situation with a view to reintegrating the child into his family.
- Fourth stage: family reintegration or transfer into one of our long-term structures: protection center or family house
- Psychological support
- Leisure and social activities
- Family assessment
- Reintegration with maintenance in the family
Rachna has been working for Krousar Thmey for 4 years. The main part of his work is to participate in outreach sessions, in order to identify children living in the streets and establish a link with their families.
Read her story
MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
$120 – financial support for a year for one child in outside case
$50 – food and clothes expenses for one child for one month
Area of work: Child protection
Location: provinces of Phnom Penh and Banteay Meanchey
Beneficiaries: underprivileged children, street children and their families
Benoît Duchâteau-Arminjon, founder of Krousar Thmey, received for the second time an award from World of Children honoring his action and that of the Foundation for the benefit of underprivileged children in Cambodia. Visit the page dedicated to Korusar Thmey To help...read more
This Friday, join us at the META HOUSE in Phnom Penh to (re)discover the documentary "The Children of Krousar Thmey" and meet with Benoît Duchâteau-Arminjon a.k.a. Bénito , the founder of the organization. We hope to see you there! See the event on Facebookread more