Offer a stable and reassuring accommodation solution to the child before considering reintegration into the family.
Temporary centers welcome children for a period not exceeding 6 months. The child is provided with a stable environment and informal education, while waiting to be reintegrated into the family or to another structure adapted to his or her needs.
Temporary center admittance:
- First stage: the child is identified through day or night outreach sessions led by social workers in the streets of the city, or through local authorities.
- Second stage: the child is admitted into one of the centers with the approval of the authorities and legal guardians.
- Third stage: from the arrival of the child, for a period ranging from 3 to 6 months: assessment of the family situation with a view to reintegrating the child into their family.
- Fourth stage: family reintegration with material and financial support, or transfer into one of our long-term structures: protection center or family house.
- Literacy and numeracy
- Leisure and social activities
- Psychological support
- Family assessment
- Family reintegration with continued support
Bunyiang has been working for Krousar Thmey for 15 years. Once a primary school teacher, he decided to change careers to help disadvantaged families in Poipet. He started as a social worker, became Assistant Director and then Director in 2021.
Read his story
MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
$120 – financial support per child supported as an outside case per year
$50 – food and clothing expenses per child per month
Area of work: Child protection
Location: provinces of Phnom Penh and Banteay Meanchey
Beneficiaries: underprivileged children, street children and their families
During the Ceremony of transfer of Krousar Thmey's five special schools to the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports (MoEYS), Benoît Duchâteau-Arminjon symbolically handed in the keys of our schools to the Cambodian Government, with the Cambodian Prime Minister S.E....
Benoît Duchâteau-Arminjon, founder of Krousar Thmey, received for the second time an award from World of Children honoring his action and that of the Foundation for the benefit of underprivileged children in Cambodia. Visit the page dedicated to Korusar Thmey To help...
2500 children in the public schools of Sen Sok district will benefit from a hearing screening organized in collaboration with the School Health department of the Cambodian Ministry of Education, in order to identify children with possible hearing impairments....